We all could use our angels around us. Verrocchio's Angel.

We all could use our angels around us.  Verrocchio's Angel.
We all could use our angels around us. Verrocchio's Angel.
Your vision will become clear only
when you can look into your own heart.
Who looks outside, dreams;

who looks inside, awakes.


-Carl Gustav Jung

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Nature took it's course

When I woke up on Wednesday I had no idea that I was still in a state of miscarriage. Totally took me off guard. Now I have done some thinking and I'm pretty sure that I was still in the m/c moment due to taking the progesterone. I could be wrong, I'm certainly no doctor since the sight of gross things would put me on permanat sick leave myself, but if you think this through I believe that I'm onto something here.

For starters, Progesterone is used to "feed the pregnancy" so if that is the case what are the odds that it was still helping the uterus to not contract during the time that my body wanted to say, "Enough is enough, we are all done going through this and the baby is gone, time to do our thing."

Not to mention that I remember that the cramps really began nearly a full week prior to the actual m/c happening and I was still on the progesterone at that time. The following Monday we found out there was no heartbeat at all. There isn't a doubt in my mind that this was the day that the baby actually left us.

Then there is the comparision from this m/c to the first m/c I had. First one was over in approximately 5 hours (at least the main unbearable pain.) Second only took 5 days!! Pain terrible on Sunday, then took a little breather and then back for round 2. So sorry but I am not buying that this is normal. When the body goes from once knowing the baby is gone and trying to expel it completely I just can't see any reason that it stops and then starts up again. That was just crazy!

So for the updates, not doing too bad now. Cramps are down to a bear minimum. Contractions are very few and far between when I do get them. Monday is back to work day so my only concern there is that my energy level is not where it once was.

As far as Todd and me deciding on more kids, that is quote unquote, "To be discussed later!"

M

No comments:

Deal or No Deal?

Wish I were there!

Wish I were there!
Paradise