We all could use our angels around us. Verrocchio's Angel.

We all could use our angels around us.  Verrocchio's Angel.
We all could use our angels around us. Verrocchio's Angel.
Your vision will become clear only
when you can look into your own heart.
Who looks outside, dreams;

who looks inside, awakes.


-Carl Gustav Jung

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fives days during miscarriage!

So yesterday was not a good day at all. Lots and lots of contractions and cramping. I was stunned that a m/c could possibly take this long. I can't even imagine. My last m/c was over and done with in a day, this must be a record or something. I finally got some rest today. First time there was a chance for that in this house. I slept until almost 11am!!! Yippee!!!! I actually feel a little guilty for sleeping that late even though I know that my body needed it. I saw myself in the mirror and I was just as white as a ghost. After losing that much blood that should be expected. Guess I don't need a costume for Halloween huh? I'm trying to keep in mind the totality of what I have been through in the past few days. That is a lot for any person to go through. The worst part of a m/c is certainly that you are going through all of this physically and mentally and then afterward there is no reward. Labor should include holding onto your little one at the end of the day, not going out for a beer to watch a football game with friends! I'm pretty lucky that I have a little one here to keep my mind somewhat okay, other woman that go through this that don't have a family or can not have kids at all, my heart just out to them.

Anyway, doctor said that my HCG level was down to 1500. That is a huge drop from Friday when it was at 7900. Everything else looked good and I am to rest through the weekend. Okay rest is a pretty objective term so I guess that means that I am not to pick up laundry baskets, fine! I hate laundry anyway! But what about picking up Kylie? To me that is restful so we will just go about business as usual at this time. I went through almost 2 weeks of trying to "rest" and not pick anything up including her before we were sure that the heart beat was gone. That didn't help and now I just want our lives to start getting back to normal. As much as normal can be right now at least.

Today the cramps were much better when I first woke up. That is a good thing. Unfortunately as soon as I started to move around they increased as I began moving. Cramps I can handle, contractions on the hand are just an evil, evil thing that no one should ever have do go through. Still taking the vicodine and that seems to help somewhat for the cramping. I will be switching over the Tylenol soon though if things go well today. Right now we are just waiting out the day to see if there are big clots or tissue still coming out. I'm almost hoping that there is so that I'll feel more comfortable with the idea that everything is moving along as it should. Still not sure if everything came out yesterday. And I don't want to take any chances of not being able to work next week. I miss my work and my friends at work. Plus most of the people there don't know what is going on so the sooner that I deal with the questions the better. Get it behind me and then we can get down to business.

Keep you updated later today. Now is time for a nice hot shower to make the ickys go away! How lovely does that sound!!

M

No comments:

Deal or No Deal?

Wish I were there!

Wish I were there!
Paradise