We all could use our angels around us. Verrocchio's Angel.

We all could use our angels around us.  Verrocchio's Angel.
We all could use our angels around us. Verrocchio's Angel.
Your vision will become clear only
when you can look into your own heart.
Who looks outside, dreams;

who looks inside, awakes.


-Carl Gustav Jung

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Some what of an update

So after waiting for 2 1/2 hours and passing clots the size of baseballs and tissue the size of lemons, I called the doctor back!! Nice, it has been since Sunday now and I have to call you guys??? I can't even imagine. Not happy with them right now and feeling very very bitchy.

So anyway, my doctor is off today so Gayle, (my favorite nurse) is trying to get a hold of her. Even if that is the case and they have to schedule out the d&c though she doesn't know what the surgery schedule is looking like.

Contractions have gone down to about every 30-40 minutes now. Not as bad as they were. That is a good thing.

I'm taking another pill and trying to lay down while I wait for them to call back. My guess is I won't hear back until tomorrow.

I did ask my sister in-law what happened when she went through this since this is so totally different from my first m/c, here is here reply:

"Actually, if you had just had the D & C you would have been done by now. That's why I elected to go through it. I basically went arrived at the hospital in the morning, they 'put you under' for the procedure. Mine took about 20 minutes. You wake up in recovery..no pain..but you feel like crap. I went home that afternoon (it was on a Friday) and rested the weekend and was back at work on Monday. Then it's kind of like after delivery, you take it easy with lifting, activity and stairs for a week or two...then you're pretty much back to normal. I really didn't have any pain, just being tired."

Well I was not given the option either way so it wouldn't have mattered much. I don't like that I was told just cramping and heavy period like symptoms. I get the impression that is what a lot of people are told. At least I knew from last time that I would have a lot more pain than that. Some girls aren't so lucky and they find out after the fact!

I'll be back later with updates.


M

1 comment:

imdesired said...

Well, here's the thing. Even WITH a d&c you could still end up with an infection and possible tissue left inside. I don't think there is an easy route with this. To me it sounds like your actual m/c happened today. The bad thing about d&c is the shock it does to your body (still thinking it's pregnant) and of couse a forign object inside of you.
Sure, it's over and done with - but it doesn't go w/o risks. That is what I was torn with. Your body heals better, faster and it knows what is going on with a natural m/c. So sorry you have to go through this, but I hope the "worst" is behind you! There isn't any easy route when doing a m/c. ((big hugs)) and I hope you feel better!

Deal or No Deal?

Wish I were there!

Wish I were there!
Paradise